Experienced Designer, Brand Builder and Marketing Professional
Versatile, goal oriented team player who strives for perfection while completing projects on time and within budget. Able to produce professional, premium quality designs for a variety of mediums including print, web and apparel. Experienced in driving successful brand development for both startups and established companies through advanced marketing strategies and targeted social media efforts.
Art Director Closerlook • Chicago, IL
Closerlook has been helping pharmaceutical brands and companies connect with their customers since 1994. Today they are helping our clients promote their brands in ways that take into consideration the rapidly changing customer, regulatory and media environment. Closerlook is committed to practicing increasingly more effective and efficient approaches to marketing. In other words, they are committed to making every move count.
As an art director I am working with multiple disciplines to create a unified message that is trackable and measurable for our clients. Working with writers, strategy and project managers to assure that projects are completed on time, on budget and generate results.
- Conception and design of new brand launches and all elements from websites, to emails, to banner ads and more.
- Manage the creative of designers and senior designers on several projects at once.
- Attend various meetings with different competencies to develop plans and strategies to achieve results.
- UX knowledge consistently utilized to on various projects to align with strategy and user experience best practices
- Art direction and leadership skills have been key in several successful new business pursuits and received praise from several branches of leadership
11/2012 – 03/2016
UX Web Designer Sears Holdings Co • Chicago, IL
Sears Holdings Co., the parent company of Sears and Kmart, a multi-national mid-range retailer that has been in business since 1893. The Sears UX Team is an agency creative environment called STATE. STATE is a team of designers, writers, user researchers, project managers and front end developers who work tirelessly to improve our sites and our customers lives.
- High praise from upper management on the redesign of several Kmart emails and category pages
- Redesign of Kmart landing pages with improved UX and visually appealing design that ties in social media
- Working on innovations for Sears Homepage
- Design of custom landing pages that tie into print ads in nationally published magazines
- Design of brand shops on Sears.com to improve brand experience and overall brand sales
- Update several brand experiences and fashion related pages on Sears.com and Kmart.com
11/2010 – 11/2012
Apparel and Web Designer Football Fanatics • Northbrook, IL
Dreams Corp, the parent company of FansEdge.com, is a technology driven, multi-channel retailer focused on the licensed sports product industry. In addition to running its flagship brands, Dreams provides the ecommerce platform and manages more than 60 different online shopping sites for clients including the Golden State Warriors, San Diego Chargers, Miami Dolphins, Louisville Cardinals, NBC Sports, Walmart, JCPenny and others.
- Recruited to spearhead the apparel design division and launch DRMS, Dreams’ own private label.
- Designs have been among the top selling styles for clients like the Texas Longhorns, 21King brand by Stacey King, the Chicago Bulls, Miami Hurricanes and numerous NCAA schools.
- Managed ongoing design updates for syndication clients, marketing emails and promo graphics
- Designed various layouts for both online and print advertizing and branding efforts
- Client-specific designs for shop.nflpa.com generated more than $25K within the first three weeks of launch
- Designs for various clients have generated over $269K in sales in the first half of 2012
3/2009 – Present
Design and Marketing Professional CONSULTANT • Naperville, IL
Worked on a contract basis for a wide range of business including multiple start-ups, mixed martial arts gyms and crossfit gyms. Directing several projects while creatively blending my design skills with state-of-the-art tools to produce effective online marketing strategies that generate results for clients on tight budgets.
- Chicago-based training center – Provided and implemented a site design and build out to the client’s satisfaction. Trained management staff keyword strategies and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to enhance ongoing marketing while increasing client contact through the blog-style website. This site now serves its dual purpose as a high-end tool, educating prospective members while keeping current members connected.
- Chicago-based food services company –Designed and rolled out a highly customized website and marketing materials including multiple logos and flash elements. Provided client education and training on social media best practices in order to increase their online presence, expanding the site’s reach and audience through grassroots marketing efforts on sites like YouTube, facebook and Twitter.
2/2006 – 3/2010
Vice President and Creative Director FIGHT CHIX • Naperville, IL
Creative force and development director behind, Fight Chix, an active apparel brand and distributor. Designed, managed and launched ecommerce site while creating unique, compelling and original apparel designs, spearheading ongoing marketing efforts and driving new business development.
- Designed all graphics and necessary visual elements for Fight Chix including company logos, website design, promotional graphics and marketing materials for distribution both online and in print.
- Conceptualized and designed unique, brand-specific apparel while operating within the constraints of a startup budget and limited resources.
- Managed staff for trade shows and events, and coordinated social media campaigns while managing ongoing marketing efforts.
6/2003 – 3/2009
Designer and Project Manager STATS LLC • Northbrook, IL
Stats LLC software company tracks and markets sports statistics and information. Brought in as the sole designer to develop marketing and collateral material, my position evolved to include managing all mixed martial arts (MMA) content while developing the company’s relationship with the league’s top management.
Key achievements include:
- Designed all marketing and collateral material for online and print distribution.
- Redesigned all company branding including logos, website design, stationery and sales materials, which contributed to smoother visual communication with clients and ultimately greater sales.
- Worked closely with sales teams to develop effective productions with extremely tight schedules (often within hours).
- Managed all facets of the addition of mixed martial arts to the STATS roster of sports covered.
- Worked closely with the MMA league to create statistical analysis of live fights while training field staff to record pertinent data for later sale.
- Created and development a fantasy league-type game to expand awareness for MMA and driving sales.
- Conceptualized and developed all aspects of MMA statistics and marketing program that currently used.
8/2001 – 3/2003
Designer Folio, Inc • Chicago IL
Folio is a design boutique servicing both large and small companies. As a small startup, I was brought in to work on various design projects.
- Worked as a print, media and environmental designer creating various client-specific pieces including website graphics, direct mail pieces, promotional emails and marketing material.
- Designed interior and exterior graphics for both Chicago Midway International Airport and Chicago O’Hare Airport.
- Assisted in photo shoots and collaborated with top-level designers on a wide variety of projects, helping me move from a strong set of educationally developed skills to a commercially aware contributor.
Education: BFA Visual Communication | Northern Illinois University
Affiliations: AIGA • 1999 to Present
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe InDesign
- Mac or Windows
- Microsoft Office