Problem: Create a solution to utilize direct to garment printing for the NFLPA and lower level college sports.
Solution: By combining simplified designs with graphic elements and a direct mail plugin, DesignMerge for InDesign, I was able to generate thousands of print ready files for direct to garment printers and online I was able to create hundreds of thousands image mock ups of product that would be purchased, printed and shipped same day.
- Using knowledge of street wear brands, NFL apparel trends and the limitations of the automated process I created stylish, effective designs over a wide range of garments
- Worked closely with DesignMerge tech support to set up the master files and templates to automate the entire process
- Worked closely with the production staff to ensure the final product that went out to the customer was of the highest possible quality and cost effective for the company to maximize profit
- Oversaw the design and production of thousands of virtual apparel options
- Hundreds of colleges had a full apparel line up while housing little to no inventory
- The NFLPA direct to garment sales generated over $25K in the first few weeks of launch
- The process has continued after I have left the company and can be applied to any sport
- See the shopper view of the direct to garment experience here
- Apparel sales featuring my designs were on pace to generate over $500K in 2012